Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chapter in June


June 20, 2011.


12.30 pm. I was waiting for the car to pick me and my mom going to Soekarna-Hatta airport. Flight was only from JKT-DPS, took 1h30mins only. As simple and fast as that, but it didn’t seem very mutual with what I felt at that moment. Born in Padang but spent ¾ of my ages in Jakarta. All my friends live there, work there and that’s where I usually play with them. I guess that was the moment of real change when I finally decided to choose something more important. That’s what brought me to Bali in that afternoon flight, set feet and started to get along with this island and its people from that day forward.



How am I coping so far? Hmm… given one month here and I say I’m coping up well. Just sometimes the thought of being one-island-away from my family and friends troubles me. One night of the days, I was thinking of them and just like that my tears were rolling down. I keep telling to myself that it’s only Bali I’m living in, so far it’s only a month here, so what am I worried of? 
I have people to accompany me, my guitar ( o btw, I named it “nuno” ), my loyal racket and my new hobby. Cooking is not as tiring at what I thought before, it turned out to be very amazing and rewarding. It’s amazing to see that all those mixture of ingredients turn themselves into a plate of delicious meal after I  did some decent magic. Rewarding when I see smiles and get compliments from them. FYI: no MSG involved, so that’s another reward for me ^^  


Craving to have this kitchen utensils set. Wooooohoooo


To share what I’ve cooked so far: Spaghetti Carbonara (it was wonderful how the egg yolks melted and covered themselves with the hot pasta), Asparagus Mushroom Egg, Bacon Cheese Sandwich, Spicy Fried Chicken, Matah Chilli Fried Fish, Pancake with honey, Broccoli Shrimps, Pork Fried Vermicelli, Chicken Soup, etc. I didn't take any pictures of them because I don't yet have beautiful fancy plates or bowls for now, but next time I shop, I'll certainly put it on my grocery list. Next mission is this:   

Mashed potatoe, chicken fillet and fresh long bean coated with little olive oil



The challenge will be on choosing the right potatoes and following the “how to” procedures. It looks easy but challenging. Wish Bali had Kem Chicks or Ranch Market here. They are pricey but supply the best quality of vegetables and fruits. By the way, just to show you my dream kitchen. Simple. Vintage. 


Rug beaters, milk bottles, butter molds, vintage salt and pepper shakers, candy jars and many more. Lovely, isn't it?


That's all for now, people. I'll be in touch with you real soon. 


alittleofflamingochipsandcrumbs chapter1

No comments:

Post a Comment